Workers Compensation Insurance is required of all Maine employers to cover your employees for any work-related injury or illness. Your workers compensation insurance policy will cover a wide range of benefits, including the following:
- All medical care for the work-related injury or disease, including physical therapy and prosthetic devices
- Indemnification for lost wages
- Physical and vocational rehabilitation to help an injured worker return to work
- Death benefits, including a flat amount for funeral expenses, burial and partial replacement of lost wages
- Employers liability, in the event that the employer is sued for damages arising from the work-related injury or disease
The Allen Insurance team of workers compensation insurance specialists can provide service for claims, experience modification, loss control and risk management for your workplace.
Saving money on your workers’ compensation premium requires planning and consistency. Allen Insurance and Financial and your insurance carrier can help. Here are some steps you can take:
- Create an active safety group and written program
- Create a return to work program
- Offer employees light duty work who are hurt on the job
- Do pre-employment physicals on all new hires
- Establish an employee health insurance plan
- Incorporate a written drug and alcohol policy into your employee manual
- Management must be committed emotionally and financially to a safety program
- Some types of businesses need to create a drug and alcohol testing program
- Comply with all OSHA requirements
- Buy a medical or indemnity deductible
Call your Allen Insurance and Financial Business Insurance specialist for more information.
Saving money on your workers’ compensation premium requires planning and consistency. Allen Insurance and Financial and your insurance carrier can help.