Maine farmers have been our friends and neighbors since the start. Which is why we offer a Business Owner’s policy for farm owners like you. Bill Rafuse and the team at Allen Insurance and Financial will work with you to cover farm dwellings, machinery and equipment, autos, personal property, liability and liability for your workers, along with other specialty coverages.

Farm Liability insurance is a necessity. No matter how careful farm owners are, accidents can and do happen to visitors, vendors or others who come onto your farm property.

Industry Knowledge   |      Coverage Options     |      Exceptional Service

Coverage for:

Vegetable and row crop growers
Wineries and vineyards
Berry growers
Field crop growers
Gentlemen/hobby farms

Bill Rafuse

Phone: 207-230-5721
Email: email hidden; JavaScript is required

Coverage for:

Horse farms
Equestrian centers
Cattle and livestock grazing
Dairy farms
Grain growers
Hay growers

Types of Coverage
(click to view each)

We protect your home and your belongings against disasters such as fire, lightning, windstorms and hail, and most accidental losses including vandalism, theft and broken glass.

Dwelling coverage applies to your private residence and any building structures that are attached to it. It also covers:

Outdoor equipment permanently attached to your home and used to service your residence and its premises. This includes:
Heating systems
Cooling systems
Water heating systems
Water softeners
On-site construction material you plan to permanently attach to your residence
Working outdoor antennas or reception dishes

Other Structures coverage applies to structures that are permanently on the residence premises, but not attached to your dwelling, such as a fence or shed.

Our Farm Liability coverage provides protection against the unexpected, such as accidental bodily injury, medical expenses or property damage for which you are legally responsible.

We offer Blanket Coverage, enabling you to flex your Farm Personal Property coverage up to the Blanket coverage limit.

Farm Personal Property coverage applies to most items used in the operation of the farm. If you have high-value equipment or livestock, they may need to be insured separately under a Farm Equipment or Farm Livestock policy.

Scheduled Coverage allows you to pick and choose individual items for coverage, like combines or irrigation systems.

We protect sheds, barns, detached garages or other outbuildings against fire, lightning, windstorms, hail, vandalism, theft and other perils. Optional endorsements allow you to broaden coverage tailored to the specific needs of your property.

Farm structures might include barns, grainaries, sheds, or additional farmhouses.

In addition to the items described above, you may be able to obtain or expand coverage for the following items under your:

  • Animal collision
  • Product contamination
  • Farm employee coverage
  • Limited pollution liability – increased limits
  • Medical payments for named insureds
  • Additional rented residences on premises (except businesses)
    • Liability and medical payments for business pursuits
    • Clerical office employees engaged wholly in office work
    • Salespersons, collectors, or messengers
    • Teachers
    • School administrators
  • Personal injury liability
  • Watercraft (exceeding existing coverage limits)
  • Identity fraud
  • Crop coverage

Individual pieces of farm equipment must be listed, described, and insured for a specific amount. Attachments to farm vehicles, such as headers, may be specifically listed. They may also be included in the value of the machine on which they are used.

  • Accidental shooting by others
  • Attack by dogs or wild animals
  • Collapse of buildings, bridges, or culverts.
  • Drowning
  • Loading or unloading of animals from uncommon carriers