How do you find the words to describe an event where teamwork, generosity and community all come together to exceed a goal three times over? That’s what happened on Monday, Jan. 18, when a group of Allen employee-owners from our Camden and Rockland offices joined AIO Food and Energy Assistance’s team of volunteers at The Strand Theatre in Rockland, which hosted the event. Together we assisted in collecting food and funds in support of AIO’s Food Assistance, Energy Assistance and Weekend Meal programs.
In all, 2,219 pounds of food and $24,502 were collected. AIO’s original goal of filling the seats in the Strand was exceeded by three times, with a total of 1,128 seats filled – each with a bag of food. (And the original funds goal of $10,000 was shattered, too!)
It was a day of community, connection and joy and a great way to celebrate Martin Luther King Day in Rockland.
We’re truly grateful for
- All who donated food and funds.
- Our fellow volunteers from AIO and The Strand.
- AIO for stellar event organization and for the opportunity to participate in this special event.
- The Strand for a warm, welcoming venue.
- Main Street Markets in Rockland, for being a food collection site and rolling a huge cart of donations down Main Street from the market to the Strand.
- Photographers Tara Rice, Leila Murphy and Dan Bookham for these photos we can share with you.