Allen Insurance and Financial is committed to being a good neighbor by supporting organizations in the communities in which we live and work. We believe that by supporting organizations that help meet the core needs of our community, we are also investing in our own future.
Allen Insurance and Financial is an employee-owned company. With unlimited requests and limited funding, it is not possible to support every organization seeking our support. We make every effort to acknowledge to all requests we receive.
Our primary goal is to support client non-profit organizations which improve the health, well-being and economic vitality of our communities.
These requests should include:
- A cover letter stating the amount requested and a description of the organization and the reason for the request.
- A description of the plans to promote the event or program (and the sponsors).
We tend not to fund the following:
- Organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- Individuals or groups raising money for a cause (i.e. walk-a-thons).
- Religious organizations unless the project benefits the community, such as a soup kitchen that is housed in a church.
- Political candidates or lobbying organizations.
- Organizations with a limited constituency, such as fraternal, labor or veteran’s groups.
- Travel by groups or individuals.
- Anti-business groups.
- Athletic scholarships.
- Donations at a national level.
- Private foundations.
- Requests from third parties or professional fundraisers.
- Organizations that advocate, support or practice activities inconsistent with Allen Insurance and Financial’s non-discrimination policies, which prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran.
OTHER ITEMS OF NOTE
- We generally make one donation per non-profit organization per calendar year.
- Donations are not made for general operating/administrative costs.
- Those requesting support for a capital campaign may be asked to meet with us in person.
OTHER FUNDRAISING ACTIVITIES
There are occasions when our employees or their children undertake fundraising efforts and our employees are solicited for donations.
Allen Insurance and Financial may match those dollars, up to $100, once per year, per employee or child, as applicable. Each request for this match will be reviewed individually; the amount the company donates may vary. Individuals submitting these requests should include documentation of their fundraising activities and include contact information for the specific charity (name, address, phone number or email address).