allenadmin No Comments

Do college students think about insurance for their stuff? Probably not. Fortunately, in many cases, parents’ homeowners policy will provide enough coverage in case something is damaged or stolen. But you should always double-check.

Personal property in a dorm room or apartment is usually covered for a limit of 10 percent of the parents’ contents limit on their homeowners policy, subject to the same deductible. A good reason to check with your insurance agent is that some newer policies have some time restrictions on this coverage.

It’s also important to remember that there are limitations on coverage for certain items, such as computers.

Other college-related reasons to check with your insurance agent:

• Bringing a vehicle to college.

• International travel (studies or vacation).

image_pdfPrint page as PDF

Leave a Reply