Medicare & Medicaid Eligible
Have you recently qualified for Medicaid while also on Medicare? Did you know there is a set of special products that are available just for you?
These plans are intended for persons who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid and are called “dual eligible.” These dual eligible plans provide coverage above and beyond Medicare, including vision, dental, an over the counter allowance, transportation services, and many value added extras, typically at no cost to the member.
Eligibility requirements for Medicaid are not as straightforward as are the requirements for Medicare. The big driver here is income and asset limits which determine if you’re eligible and if so, what level of Medicaid you qualify for.
If you think you may be eligible for Medicaid, you’ll need to contact your local Medicaid agency.
Top 10 Social Security Myths Exposed
Given Social Security’s importance, concerns about its current and future state are understandable and widespread. Some of those worries, and the many changes to the program, have given rise to misconceptions about how it is funded and how it works.
Here are 10 of the most stubborn Social Security myths:
1) Social Security is going broke
2) The Social Security retirement age is 65
3) The annual COLA is guaranteed
4) Members of Congress don’t pay into Social Security
5) The government raids Social Security to pay for other programs
6) Undocumented immigrants drain Social Security
7) Social Security is like a retirement savings account
8) You don’t pay taxes on Social Security benefits
9) An ex-spouse’s benefits come out of your own
10) You lose benefits permanently if you keep working
Midcoast Senior Expo
We’re excited to announce that we will have a table at the Midcoast Successful Aging Expo, scheduled for June 15 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Rockland Elk’s Club. This is our first in-person event in more than a year and we’re looking forward to connecting with our clients and community. This event is free and open to the public.