We are looking for an insurance professional to serve as an Individual and Group Benefits producer, a people person who excels in both sales and customer service; a cheerful, detailed oriented self starter who takes pride in helping our customers with their health insurance coverage.
- Assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others through demonstrated, effective communication skills, including listening and verbal and written presentation skills.
- Professionalism in dealing with co-workers, clients and companies; team player.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail, task oriented and self-motivation skills.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation systems and various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to perform with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience in insurance benefits sales and service preferred.
- Must be eligible for appointments by carriers.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A two or four year college degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
- A basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of underwriting criteria for carriers represented by the agency. This requirement can be achieved through on the job training.
- Health and Life Producers license, and any other licenses to discuss or place insurance as required by the State Department of Insurance in states where the agency functions.
- Licensing requirements can be achieved through on the job education and training provided by the agency.
The compensation range for this position is $45,000-$55,000, plus sales commission.
• Company stock in an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan)
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Voluntary Benefits
• Long-Term Care Insurance
• HSA Contributions
• Section 125 (includes Dependent Care, Flex Spending and Limited Purpose Accounts)
• 401(k) Plan with Company Contribution
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Volunteerism
• Paid Holidays
• CE Reimbursement