We are looking for people with excellent communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and a proven customer service background to join our team. The Personal Lines Assistant works as part of a larger team of assistants to provide critical support to the Personal Lines Account Executives. This role involves processing changes to accounts, processing customer payments, and interacting with clients over the phone and in person. We are willing to train the right candidate and the successful candidate will need to obtain their Property and Casualty license within six months.
Location: Any existing Allen branch location (Belfast, Camden, Rockland, Southwest Harbor or Waterville).
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists with changes made to existing policies, including uploading, confirmation letters and following up for completion of change being received.
2. Process binders, EOIs, renewal questionnaires, or other requests from Account Executives.
3. Receive and respond to incoming phone calls, including billing questions, requests for proof of insurance, auto ID cards, etc.
4. Maintains Outlook emails by responding timely and making sure pertinent information is put in the agency management system.
5. Reviews on a daily basis all open activities for follow-up if needed.
6. Attends and completes required training sessions and classes for continuing education and certification programs.
7. Documents all material conversations with insureds and/or carriers regarding exposures and coverages.
Education and Experience
- Willingness to obtain Property and Casualty Insurance license within six months
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage deadlines and effectively prioritize tasks to ensure client satisfaction