We are looking for experienced agents with a current property and casualty license and a proven customer service background to join our team. The Personal Lines Account Executive sells new accounts and services existing clients by providing competitive products and prompt, efficient customer service.
Location: Belfast, Camden, Rockland or Waterville.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Reviews and analyzes client accounts seeking opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell; actively solicits increases in limits/coverages or rounding out accounts.
2. Reviews renewals to determine if policies written in surplus lines can be rewritten to standard markets; prepares rewrite applications at least 30 days prior to renewal, securing and submitting required renewal underwriting information.
3. Solicits information for new business opportunities such as completing applications, ordering inspections, MVR’s and any necessary questionnaires required by carriers to prequalify the risk.
4. Receives phone calls and client visits; requests quotes, changes to existing coverage and/or new policies; provides information to Personal Lines Assistants for change request processing within 24 hours of receipt of the information.
5. Handles all termination requests and notices of cancellations within 48 hours of receipt.
6. Accepts and process direct bill payments; assists in the resolution of billing issues.
7. Reports and assists clients with claims through satisfactory resolution; regularly checks status of any reported outstanding claims and provides assistance as necessary.
8. Actively seeks referrals from current client base to solicit for new business prospects.
9. Documents all material conversations with insureds and/or carriers regarding exposures and coverages into agency management system.
10. Daily review of all open activities for follow-up.
11. Maintains Outlook emails by responding timely and making sure pertinent information is put in the agency management system. Maintains incoming mail received within 10 working days following established procedures.
12. Attends and completes required training sessions and classes for continuing education and certification programs.
Education and Experience
- Current Property and Casualty Insurance license
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage deadlines and effectively prioritize tasks to ensure client satisfaction